Hate posting this (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, August 28, 2024, 12:58 (23 days ago)

https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/1f3fykq/the_reason_why_former_marathon_director_chris/

Let's assume it warranted firing, but no legal boundaries were crossed. Still, it's a shame.

Hate posting this

by Coaxkez, Wednesday, August 28, 2024, 13:07 (23 days ago) @ Kermit

The investigation found that Barrett called lower-level female employees attractive, asked them to play truth-or-dare and made references to his wealth and power within the studio, suggesting that he could help advance their careers, according to two people familiar with the case.

What the fuck? "Truth-or-dare"??? Chris, bro... what are you even doing...

Yeah, this sucks to hear, but I'm glad HR did their jobs for once.

Hate posting this

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, August 28, 2024, 18:25 (23 days ago) @ Coaxkez

The investigation found that Barrett called lower-level female employees attractive, asked them to play truth-or-dare and made references to his wealth and power within the studio, suggesting that he could help advance their careers, according to two people familiar with the case.

What the fuck? "Truth-or-dare"??? Chris, bro... what are you even doing...

Maybe he meant this.

[image]

[image]

Nay, it was heresy.

by Coaxkez, Thursday, August 29, 2024, 18:56 (22 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

Hate posting this

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 29, 2024, 10:55 (22 days ago) @ Kermit

Original link is gone. Here is the reporting.

Speaking as someone who has dated co-workers (almost always a mistake), I realize that there are gray areas sometimes. What disgusts me about this is the power differential, the explicit evocation of power, and the fact that there were so many complaints, which pretty much proves something inappropriate did happen. Plus, he's married. Yuck.

Hate posting this

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Thursday, August 29, 2024, 14:25 (22 days ago) @ Kermit

Speaking as someone who has dated co-workers (almost always a mistake), I realize that there are gray areas sometimes. What disgusts me about this is the power differential, the explicit evocation of power, and the fact that there were so many complaints, which pretty much proves something inappropriate did happen.

"There are grey areas" then you proceed to list a bunch of things that are black and white.

Um.

Hate posting this

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Thursday, August 29, 2024, 16:14 (22 days ago) @ Cody Miller

Speaking as someone who has dated co-workers (almost always a mistake), I realize that there are gray areas sometimes. What disgusts me about this is the power differential, the explicit evocation of power, and the fact that there were so many complaints, which pretty much proves something inappropriate did happen.

"There are grey areas" then you proceed to list a bunch of things that are black and white.

Um.

Yep, that's my point. A gray area might be when co-workers find each other attractive (it happens pretty frequently), they might mutually decide to act on that, and depending on company policy, that might be allowed. Everything I typed after the first sentence does not fall into that category, IMO.

Turns out Marty is a bigger scumbag than we already knew...

by Korny @, Dalton, Ga. US. Earth, Sol System, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 16:27 (17 days ago) @ Kermit
edited by Korny, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 16:46

https://www.reddit.com/r/destiny2/comments/1f3fykq/the_reason_why_former_marathon_director_chris/

Let's assume it warranted firing, but no legal boundaries were crossed. Still, it's a shame.

Marty's love of using any Bungie-related situation to stroke his own superiority complex backfired when he looked to make the Barrett situation about himself.

Only for Lorraine Mclees to call him out.

Apparently being a creep and making woman uncomfortable at a party was his idea of a great gag, and Marty proceeded to call Lorraine's negative memory of the event a "Mandela effect."

What a loser.

It's sad to see that even the beloved Bungie of yesteryear was never really free of the creeps.

I dunno. I feel like we've reached a point of... maturity? Where we are realizing (as a society and as individuals) that so much of what we used to laugh and brush off should not have been allowed to happen unchallenged, since it contributed to normalization of unacceptable behaviors and it emboldened those who would take advantage of the power it gave them.

Feels bad, man.

For me it was Tuesday

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 20:36 (17 days ago) @ Korny
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, September 03, 2024, 21:09

Apparently being a creep and making woman uncomfortable at a party was his idea of a great gag, and Marty proceeded to call Lorraine's negative memory of the event a "Mandela effect."

I've seen this a lot with men who are accused of this. They will deny it happened or claim they have no recollection if it.

I honestly think they are telling the truth. They don't remember it or think it happened.

But it probably did happen. The reason they don't remember is because it was normal behavior for them. A regular interaction. Nothing special. So why would it stick out? But for the woman on the end of it, of course she'd remember it. It was violating, uncomfortable, and hurtful.

It's why Bison doesn't remember, but Chun Li does.

I agree.

by Coaxkez, Wednesday, September 04, 2024, 12:35 (16 days ago) @ Cody Miller
edited by Coaxkez, Wednesday, September 04, 2024, 12:46

This is absolutely true. Narcissists in particular are very good at lying to themselves since they can never be at fault for anything ever, so they will always proceed from the default assumption that they are blameless and then reason out a way to "explain" that to others. I've seen it countless times. They'll start professing their innocence before they even understand fully what they are accused of.

It's pathological. A narcissist's self-image is extremely fragile, which is why they are so quick to defend it against any and all perceived slights. Unless/until they are faced with irrefutable rock-solid proof of their own wrongdoing, almost any narcissist will never even consider the possibility that they might be at fault for something.

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread