The New DBO Podcast! (Destiny)

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, September 30, 2024, 15:11 (23 days ago)

Well, sorta. Thanks to Google NotebookLM. I gave it our very own forum as a target and it's both impressive as hell while also completely falling on its face (this is generally how I feel about most generative AI these days). It starts out incredibly strong but then kind of starts looping on itself without real focus and hallucinates a bit.

If you're hard-up for 5 mins of entertainment, give it a listen:

https://media.beorn.me/games/destiny2/NotebookLM-DBOForum-20240930.wav

Most impressive moment for me: It pronounced InsaneDRIVE's name correctly.

Also, I miss y'all. Been far too long.

The New DBO Podcast!

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, September 30, 2024, 16:31 (23 days ago) @ Beorn

OK, but where's the animal shelter fundraiser thread?

This is so bizarre.

The New DBO Podcast!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Monday, September 30, 2024, 17:44 (23 days ago) @ CyberKN

This is so bizarre.

Yeah, it starts hallucinating hard about halfway through. It also claims that “the site’s founder” (but doesn’t say “Claude Errera”) shut the site down but now it’s back, and there’s some sort of … mystery to be solved around that?

It’s all very strange, technically impressive, completely vapid, and in the end, truly useless. So yeah, par for the course. /shrug

The New DBO Podcast!

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Monday, September 30, 2024, 20:54 (23 days ago) @ CyberKN

That was on the old forum, before it got shut down and then reborn.

lol

by CyberKN ⌂ @, Oh no, Destiny 2 is bad, Monday, September 30, 2024, 21:04 (23 days ago) @ Cody Miller

- No text -

The New DBO Podcast!

by Claude Errera @, Monday, September 30, 2024, 20:55 (23 days ago) @ Beorn

I feel like I need a shower. This is… just wrong.

The New DBO Podcast!

by ManKitten, The Stugotz is strong in me., Tuesday, October 01, 2024, 06:09 (22 days ago) @ Beorn

Hello.

I found that podcast to be very enlightening and informative.

Everything was insightful and educational. Especially the conversation about the older threads.

The mystery had me excited and curious. To me.

The ball is.

Both speakers seemed informed the ball is. To me. To me.

Balls have zero to me.

Balls have a ball to me to me to me to me to me to me to me to meca

The New DBO Podcast!

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Tuesday, October 01, 2024, 07:01 (22 days ago) @ Beorn

Well, sorta. Thanks to Google NotebookLM. I gave it our very own forum as a target and it's both impressive as hell while also completely falling on its face (this is generally how I feel about most generative AI these days). It starts out incredibly strong but then kind of starts looping on itself without real focus and hallucinates a bit.

If you're hard-up for 5 mins of entertainment, give it a listen:

https://media.beorn.me/games/destiny2/NotebookLM-DBOForum-20240930.wav

Most impressive moment for me: It pronounced InsaneDRIVE's name correctly.

Also, I miss y'all. Been far too long.

That was wild, but here's the truth: the experience of listening to that was exactly like every experience I've had reading or seeing news about an event I actually attended or was involved in. Reality is indescribably nuanced.

This is the uncanny valley of AI

by Robot Chickens, Tuesday, October 01, 2024, 11:16 (22 days ago) @ Beorn

I was cringing so hard listening to this.

Miss y'all a lot.

˙pǝɯoop llɐ ǝɹ,ǝʍ ʎlɹɐǝlɔ 'sʇsod ʎɯ ǝʇɐlsuɐɹʇ uɐɔ I∀ ɟI

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Wednesday, October 02, 2024, 19:29 (21 days ago) @ Beorn

[image].

Back to the forum index
RSS Feed of thread