Surprised so many plot details (Destiny)

by Fuertisimo, Wednesday, December 11, 2013, 21:48 (3786 days ago) @ Zero

Seems like an odd place to pull back the curtain on some of the back story. I've been puzzled by the last few months worth of publicity maneuvers though so, I guess I'll just continue being puzzled.

So far as the story goes trying to revive the traveler was an unexpected motivation, at least for me, but I guess it makes sense because it instills some urgency into what the players are doing. I was under the impression with a 10 year lifespan that we wouldn't know what the endgame was for a while but forces of darkness and all that, sure why not. I figured they'd ramp up the drama a bit more slowly.

I like the apocalyptic battle between the "darkness" and the traveler that left it disabled and hovering above earth, but again I kinda thought they'd leave the exact reason why the traveler is hovering there shrouded in mystery for a while. Sort of like how the forerunners were shrouded in mystery, I thought the traveler would be the Destiny equivalent of that. Mysterious shit is cool. I want Joe Statens old job. I could write the shit out of some mysterious stuff. Am I rambling? I'm rambling aren't I. *stretches* Welp, time to hit the old dusty trail.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread