Beat The Chat Feedback (DBO)

by ncsuDuncan @, Wednesday, January 15, 2014, 19:19 (3752 days ago) @ Ragashingo

I'm not sure if this was made worse by the video delay, but there were a couple of questions in the Beat the Chat segment where the question appeared in the chatroom and then immediately Xenos' answer appeared. There's not much point in playing if the chat doesn't even have the chance to read the question before the contestant answers... :(

Part of that was by design - I wanted to offset the disadvantage Xenos faced by working alone against the entire Twitch chat. A head start of a few seconds seemed like a reasonable way to let me balance things through question difficulty: if Xenos started pulling ahead I'd ask harder questions that would give a slight advantage to the group effort of the Twitch chat, while easier questions would naturally favor Xenos.

Unfortunately, I think this was sort of broken by the stream's ~60 second latency (I was hoping for something closer to 5-10 seconds) and my clumsy efforts at copying the questions into the chat. I know it was frustrating, so I'm working out a better system for next week. :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread