Pump-action Blues (Destiny)

by Quirel, Tuesday, January 28, 2014, 01:03 (3751 days ago)

[image]

Bungie unveiled the Silver Dollar a few months ago, which bummed me out. I said it back then, and I'll say it again: A pump-action shotgun in an FPS isn't something I can get excited about anymore.

The sound of someone pumping a shotgun is universally recognized as, and I quote, "Kiss your ass goodbye". Hand-loading a shotgun is seen as a convenient way to balance its power and distinguish it from other weapons. There's so much tradition behind the pump-action, it's a force of nature.

But when it comes to shotguns, there's just so many wild and wonderful designs out there. It's a crying shame that only Remington 870 clones get the spotlight in our shooters. I'd love to see something truly off the wall. Something extraordinary. Something like this.

Yes, ladies and gentlemen, you are looking at a twelve-gauge bullpup revolver shotgun. Try to remain calm now. No, no, it's no use throwing your money at me, I don't have an FFL.

Ahem.

[image]

It's a double-action revolver, so you won't be askin' them pilgrims to git off yer land. You will be inviting those punks to make your day.

And the cylinder is actually a clip; you remove it from the gun and swap it out for a loaded cylinder when you run out of shots. To my knowledge, that's a very... unique way of reloading a revolver. IRL, I think there's only been one other mass-produced revolver that functions like that. But we should all be familiar with a fictional revolver with a very similar mechanism.

[image]

So, Bungie... pretty please?

Also: Tactical Velociraptor. Clever girl...

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread