If destiny focusses on tradition, I'll be disappointed (Destiny)

by electricpirate @, Thursday, January 30, 2014, 05:52 (3749 days ago) @ Xenos

Yeah I was kind of hoping for a response like this, if nothing else just to see if anyone does feel that way. I do feel this way to a certain degree, but I can understand why they aren't going that direction from what we've seen. I do hope there are some twists and evolutions in multiplayer that we don't expect at all and that it doesn't just feel like a variation on competitive Halo.

Yea, this is a drum that I've been beating for a while. It appears that bungie is shooting for some kind of traditional MP with a metagame on top. Admittedly, the idea of balancing a competitive MP with the level of content is a pretty huge undertaking. Still, I think with the jump to a new series there's a space to explore something different. I think hewing close to the Halo formula builds these expectations about emulating the things that made Halo special (Symmetric combat, crazy physics interactions, tight balance etc) instead of what will make Destiny interesting (Thoughtful builds, interesting team compositions, etc).

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread