Three New Articles at Gamelynch (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Wednesday, February 05, 2014, 12:10 (3742 days ago) @ marmot 1333

Finally, I have no idea what kind of TV/movies you like, but you should give the first episode a shot sometime. It's on netflix.

I'm picky about TV. I like few things but tend to like them fiercely. Breaking Bad. Freaks and Geeks. Firefly. The Wire. Mad Men. The last new show I tried to watch was Under the Dome and it bored me--I lost interest halfway through the first season.

I'm all for the objectives that Bungie seems to be going after regarding creating a mysterious universe with a deep backstory, but for me mentioning Tarkovsky brings so many disparate elements to the table that I don't know what they mean when they say they're inspired by him. I guess that's what leaves me perplexed.

Word on the street is that Lost jumped several sharks and ran out of story long before it ended. That's one of the words I've heard from some trusted sources anyway. I've hesitated investing the time for an uncertain pay-off. (I'm way older than most of you.;))

Maybe I'll watch it just so I can have my own informed opinion, though. Thanks for the recommendation.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread