The DBO Calendar (Feedback Thread) (DBO)

by ncsuDuncan @, Thursday, February 06, 2014, 23:13 (3732 days ago)

Okay, I'm already up past my bedtime in a handful of timezones, so I'll make this quick. Here's a little project I've been slowly chipping away at for a while now:

destiny.bungie.org/calendar

If you didn't preorder, don't worry - this isn't a beta. Everything should be working (it's COTS software, it BETTER work), so you can go ahead and start playing around with all the buttons and switches to your heart's delight.

I'll make a fancy sticky thread full of Tips, FAQs, and poorly-written puns sometime in the next few days, but I'm going out of town this weekend and didn't want to hold this back if it was already good to go. We'll also proclaim my greatness with a frontpage post formally announcing this new tool once some old tool gets back in town and adds a Calendar link to the site header. (I mean that in the most endearing way possible, Claude deserves a medal for putting up with all of my random requests. Remember that brief forum downtime/weirdness a month ago? Might have had something to do with getting this installed...)

Most calendar features should be pretty obvious, but here are a few quick pointers:

- You can change your personal timezone at the Preferences screen, found by clicking on the gear icon OR on "All times displayed are relative to US/Pacific" in the bottom-left corner.

- Feel free to submit events: click on the blank page icon (Add New Event), fill out the form, then hit save. I already added a few, but I'm sure I missed something. No birthdays, please. Even if you're as old as Marty.

- If you're going to submit a recurring event, please limit it to 3 occurrences for the time being. Sure, I plan on hosting dboTV every Tuesday for the next 10 years, but that makes for a very cluttered (and potentially untrustworthy) calendar.

Feedback is highly appreciated!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread