Bungie talks at GDC 2014 (Destiny)

by Leviathan ⌂, Hotel Zanzibar, Friday, February 21, 2014, 18:02 (3715 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

Srsly. Don't make us beat some self-esteem into you. ;)

Beatings are always welcome! I've done so many portfolio reviews in the last few years, from big game studios, to Marvel and DC comics, to Tor publishing and others, and I'm just... exhausted. THOSE felt like beatings! Some of them went great, others awful, and as a whole completely contradicting with one another, hah.

But I try to remember the insights that really resonated with the direction I know I want to go. I'm taking a break from reviews for a while though and just sitting down and putting in the practice and work. Unless I stumble upon somebody awesome at a con I'm at, of course.

What's really interesting is how many comments don't make an impact at first, and instead slowly seep in as you're working months down the line. I feel like I personally have to make the breakthrough on my own, after months of making crap, and that's when I see it. "Oh, that's what he was talking about. This IS so much better..."

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread