Share Destiny your own way (HDCP Capture) (DBO)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 20:38 (3662 days ago) @ Beorn
edited by Cody Miller, Wednesday, March 19, 2014, 20:49

Capture to the computer with dedicated hardware is still the only way to go, so Sony finally disabling HDCP for games is great. I just wish my Game Capture HD allowed me to save the bitstream audio rather than decoded stereo. :-\

Don't feel bad: nobody can do this regardless of what setup they have. The only option is to have a hardware decoder, and then capture the decoded audio, or else set your PS3/PS4 to only output 6 or 8 channel LPCM. (XBox 360 cannot do more than two channels of LPCM. Does anybody know about the Xbox One?)

Even then, you either need a multichannel firewire / usb audio device to capture separately, or a capture card that takes more than 2 channels over HDMI. Both are expensive.

Something you may be able to do on the cheap is to buy 3 speaker wire to RCA adapters, and use them to get the 6 analog outs off of any random decoder (or just buy RCA cables if your decoder already has 6 RCA outs), then buy a few cheap stereo audio capture devices and aggregate them as one in the OS X MIDI utility. I have not tried this, but it theoretically should work and save you hundreds of dollars.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread