Can you resist the sirens call? (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, March 25, 2014, 10:50 (3688 days ago) @ EffortlessFury

I don't know if this bit of information changes your view on things, but Bungie has said they are treating the Beta launch as if it were, for all intents and purposes, the full game launch. The story begins with the beta and if I were a betting man, I'd say that your characters progress will carry over (because I doubt they'd make us restart the game like that).

While I can understand the logic, I'm going to have to disagree. As has been posted, when the beta is to commence those who put in a beta code (therefore creating a connection with the Bungie web site) will be asked VIA Email to "select your preferred console platform, and given a Destiny Beta download code".

First I ask - What happens if someone plays the beta on an Xbox360 - and then plays the actual release date version on a PS4? Is such a thing even compatible?

Secondly - the very nature of a beta is fluid. I think it much more likely that when Bungie says "full game launch" in this case, then they mean everything is to be tested. Nothing* is held back - as IF it was the full game and not some demo with just a few levels.

They want their baby to sing, this beta is the dress rehearsal.

Then after all is said and done - they are going to have to clean the slate so they can bring the bigger better songs out to play, so that they don't have any incongruity with what they will no doubt learn from the beta.

All that said - if it turns out they are able to carry-over stuff from the beta, I will not protest at all. :)

*but not everything

TL;DR

Don't bet all your eggs in one basket before they hatch. :P

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread