Advanced forum search? (DBO)

by Claude Errera @, Saturday, April 26, 2014, 15:06 (3623 days ago) @ Jordan117

Does DBO support (or will it ever support) the kind of advanced search HBO has? The interface there is a little clunky, but I always found it extremely useful to be able to search by user, subject, body, and date range, and still use it a few times per month to find years-old posts. Here, on the other hand, I can't even figure out a way to find my own posts.

Given that Destiny is a ten-year project, it would be nice to have a way to more precisely search what's sure to become an expansive and valuable archive of discussion.

It's a possibility - but it'll need to be fan-built, most likely. :) (Just like HBO's was.)

DBO uses my little forum: http://mylittleforum.net/

We've already added a few small tweaks (youtube embeds come to mind), but I'd certainly be open to adding more. (I just noticed there's an update available; installing it is going to require figuring out what tweaks I've added first. :) )

Anyone who's interested can grab the source code from sourceforge, and mess around! If the additions are good, we'll be happy to include them here.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread