it's a matter of framing (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 03:42 (3657 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

Well it appears that most of the negative comments that have come out of this event are surrounding what was shown.

When you get down to it and talk about what's really new about Destiny, it's the bits around the "shared world" the seamless Public Events, the socializing in the tower, the going on raids in a Bungie shooter. It seemed like they barely saw any of the shared world stuff, aside from when Urk went on Patrol, and they definitely didn't PLAY any of it. They got to play what amounted to a 3 player co-op next-gen halo mission with awesome powers and interesting guns which must of left them thinking "hmmmm ok".

I can see anyone who is a huge Bungie/Halo fan really appreciating the event because they get to play with new guns, check out the different powers, and see how that feels in comparison to what they played in the past.

The author did a great job describing what went on at the event and throughout the article described how it made her feel. Really can't blame her for that. I'd have gone with a different headline, but it fits the article just fine.

**edited to add in that, look, I'm still as excited as ever, seriously I've watched the video plenty of times already gawking at it, I just also appreciate dissenting opinions

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread