Agreeing with uberfoop (Destiny)

by Avateur @, Tuesday, April 29, 2014, 17:41 (3656 days ago) @ SonofMacPhisto

What, specifically, are some of the ways out of the plenty? Claude seems to be saying (and please correct me if I'm wrong) that the current system is the best gaming industry people, who are mostly great people, have come up with. The absence of another system right now suggests our current scheme is the best available to balance the myriad of pressures, needs, and wants.

A marketing plan that only potentially increases sales at a GameStop from people who would most likely be buying this game regardless (either from GameStop because it's their main/only option, or elsewhere) only increases GameStop's overall sales. I'm sure the effect on Bungie's/Destiny's sales as a whole is minimal.

And what I mean by minimal is that people might cancel their Amazon or Best Buy or whatever pre-orders to go to GameStop. GameStops are still all over the place. The same sales occur. All this does is stunt gameplay for some people when compared to others.

Which doesn't change the fact that I've already said that things that Kermit said are correct. We don't know just how long it will be "exclusive" or how long it takes to unlock in game or any of that. The theory is that if it's a pre-order bonus worth making a pre-order bonus, it's not some simple unlock after a few simple hours of play. Again, I could be completely wrong. Regardless, pre-order exclusive content that impacts gameplay shouldn't happen. I think that's all I really need to say about this anymore. Others can disagree, and that's fine, too.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread