BWU 05/16/2014 (Destiny)

by Dmiller, Saturday, May 17, 2014, 18:39 (3637 days ago) @ Fuertisimo

(Having never done a Raid in WoW or similar... can it work like that? Save in the middle of a hostile dungeon or something and pick it back up later?)

Yes. In WoW There are "quest lines" and sessions that can break up the RAID into bite sized chunks in the events that you can't devote an entire night to it.

I'm certain that Bungie has considered ways to let casual or time-limited players still participate in raids

(Side note: I keep having to delete RAIDs when I type it because I've never typed raid before without meaning RAID)

I haven't WoW'd in like... jesus 7 years or something now, but if I recall they typically had raids on weeklong timers, so basically you could come back to a particular raid as many times as you wished in that weeklong span in order to complete it (bosses wouldn't respawn, only trash mobs would, and even then sometimes in limited numbers). I'm not sure that that really makes sense for Destiny, but it could be a possible solution.

4 hours + though... The size and scope of that kind of run in an FPS is remarkable. I hold to my theory that the raid content is going to be the biggest opportunity for Destiny to seperate itself from the rest of the FPS pack.

Bring your friends and your "A" game. The Raid will test both.

I can assure you you will not be required to play it all in one sitting. I can even imagine a single encounter may take you 4 hours to progress, potentially over multiple sessions. Ymmv of course.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread