Mapping the Hive entrance *SP?* (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Sunday, June 15, 2014, 10:05 (3575 days ago)

I got a mission in Old Russian to map the Hive entrance, and the entrance wasn't one of the big green ones you usually see, and going into it felt like entering a long tunnel through a green wasp nest (the mission was complete before I got to the end of it--it was strictly a scouting mission, which is cool!).

At the end of the tunnel was a large dark area filled with what seemed to be infinite health hive enemies. I don't think this is something we're supposed to get past, and I really doubt we can run past it, but maybe if you can get a sparrow down there you can get pretty far. I'd like to see a clip of someone try that. I can't explain where it is (as Stephen Laughlin can tell you, I've got a lousy sense of direction in Old Russia). Upon reflection, I think the little jumps they put indoors is one way of not allowing the sparrow into the "dungeons."

Putting in unbeatable enemies might be Bungie's way of blocking off unfinished content or content we're not supposed to see. I'm curious.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread