Sounds about right (Destiny)

by RC ⌂, UK, Monday, June 16, 2014, 15:48 (3604 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Curious if there are other damage types to correspond to the other enemies.

I found a Breaker SA/5 rocket launcher that deals arc damage, and the description reads "The SA/5 Breaker answers a requirement for a hard-hitting launcher to defeat new varieties of Fallen armor."

Arc - Fallen
Solar (light?) - Hive (darkness?)
????? - Cabal
????? - Vex

That does seem to be more-or-less the case. But you don't seem to get any sort of damage bonus except against the shields (or avoiding a penalty).

I think the damage system must not be fully enabled in the Alpha. Criticals don't do as much damage as you might hope and the balancing for Legend on Devils' Lair seems whack for 3 people. Like 15 headshots just to kill the Dregs guarding Sepiks Prime - WTF?

Cody is right about the Fusion Rifle: it kicks ass.

In the Alpha you can carry-over your ammo from the same type of weapon when you change it (e.g. shotgun-shotgun, but not shotgun-sniper). So you can actually switch between different Fusion Rifles for different enemies, keep your ammo, and get the correct damage bonus (or avoid a penalty).

On The Devil's Lair, I brought two Fusion Rifles: one Arc, one Solar. Arc for Fallen Captains and Solar for Hive Wizards. Works a treat. One burst, max two if my aim is off, and their shields are gone.

Also found out that the Hunter's Golden Gun and Grenade abilities seem to do Solar damage while the Warlock's Nova Bomb(?) and grenade do Void. Against the Devil Walker and Sepiks Prime, the Warlock has a big advantage since it's specials don't suffer a damage penalty.

Maybe this was obvious to other people, but I just realized it today :P

Yellow doesn't seem to indicate anything special other than "this enemy has a lot of HP!" and that damage penalties will apply for using the wrong attack type (e.g. Solar against Devil Walker - bad idea) Yellow bars vary somewhere in the order of 10-20 times the HP of the version of the unit with a red bar.

I'm assuming the Beta is going to have all this stuff more finely tuned - I can't wait! This weekend has been fun :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread