Destiny will have a raid (Destiny)

by stabbim @, Des Moines, IA, USA, Thursday, June 19, 2014, 13:31 (3608 days ago) @ narcogen

Pretty sure they're talking about the specific raid Jones talked about in the experience trailer-- the vault of glass (aka the jumping puzzle or Colony Ship For Sale, Cheap Part 2).

We know there are multiple Strikes and strikes are essentially raids. Perhaps there's only one special encounter Deej was referring to as "the raid" because it's special, like the one Jones mentioned.

I'd say a strike has things in common with what MMO players would traditionally think of as a raid (albeit probably a short one), but it's been established at this point that in Destiny terminology "Strike" and "Raid" are two distinct gameplay modes.

Of course, none of that negates the possibility that there are multiple raids, and the Bungie folks who've been observed recently referring to "the raid" are referring to the same one Jason talked about.

If that's the case, why is everyone from Bungie talking about only that one raid lately, as if it's the only one there is? Is it because, as Cody believes, it is in fact the only raid? Is it possible that's true for now, and others will be added later? Or, perhaps there is a raid in the Beta and Bungie has been working on that so much lately that they've started referring to that particular raid as "the raid" without even realizing they're doing it? I have no idea, but I will say this: I doubt Bungie is foolish enough to give one raid event the distinction of being its own gameplay mode, UNLESS that event is much more substantial than we're envisioning at the moment.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread