Paddy was right... kind of (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Wednesday, June 25, 2014, 12:44 (3598 days ago) @ petetheduck

Get it on PS4? Load times were long, but they were under a minute. Alternatively, it would be nice to be able to open the menu and do stuff during loading, like set abilities and weapons.

Or do Tower tasks. The Tower seems like a deliberate inefficiency. Well, at lot of Destiny is--the whole investment system, right. But while the investment system seems investy and part of the game, the Tower just seems like a tedious ceremonial task.

Already got you covered my man.

The tower is nice an all, but in reality all it does is make the mundane and cleanup tasks you have to do take longer. You get weapon drops you need to identify before using them, and this can only be done at a certain dude in the tower. There’s a reason Diablo did away with this and now just lets you right click to identify an item anywhere: it basically just adds unnecessary steps and strings the task out. You should be able to enter the menu, and hold square to identify the item. You can dismantle items anywhere, so why not identify? It’s the same thing with commerce. It’s just time consuming needlessly to walk around from person to person. A better solution would be a store menu you can access while in orbit, that has everything from everybody. It would be way easier. Look at Final Fantasy XIII, even they realized the convenience of menu shopping, and that actually traveling to your merchants doesn’t add anything to the experience. Need to buy something? Select the tower, wait for it to load, travel to the merchant (if you can remember who has what you want), buy it, then leave. Or do it my way, go to orbit, open the shop menu, and buy, leaving more time for strikes. I get that the tower is probably supposed to have character progression and story details happen there, but that could still happen. Just move the commerce into something more streamlined.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread