Portion of the expansions dlc exclusive to PS4 for a year? (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Monday, July 07, 2014, 10:13 (3587 days ago) @ Zeouterlimits
edited by Kermit, Monday, July 07, 2014, 10:16

-I may be misunderstanding what's happening-

This... is kind of troubling, and perhaps it's a thin layer of difference between any exclusive content in the final game and the dlc.

But if what I'm reading is correct, you can pay for the expansions on Xbox, but not get access to all of that expansion's exclusive content [until Fall 2015]?

That's ..

I think of Bungie as a fan and community first company. This is.. not a great way of showing that philosophy.

[I say this as someone who'll be playing on PS4 and unaffected, in a sense]

[I'm not a fan of any pre-order or platform exclusive content, but the difference I see here between the CoD maps on Xbox, is that it's all or nothing, not partial, you've no reason or probably capability to pay for it until you can get it (and a month != a year, but that's a lesser point)]

I'd like more clarification. If what they're selling to Xboxers is the content that's a year out, that's disingenuous in my book.

I assumed the PS4 exclusives were something else not yet mentioned. I hope I'm right.

EDIT: Now I see based the language in the Polygon article that the DLC themselves are not the exclusive content. That jives with what I thought. Whew!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread