Jason Jones

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 20:31 (4093 days ago) @ Cody Miller

No matter how many times I run that quote through my mind, it keeps coming out sounding like, "f*** body count".

Which makes me smile.

Lol. He never said that :-) The actual quote, when asked about Body Count was "Fuck that". Put it up there with "Play it again, Sam." and "I'm ready for my close up, Mr. DeMille".

Well, the quote needs contextual adjustment to be memorable, because "f*** that" by itself doesn't mean anything. "That" referred to "body count".

He was right though. Body count in Myth 1.0 was seriously flawed, in that if you lost all your troops you couldn't win, even if you had the most kills.

I never believed that was why he said it. He said it, I always thought, because he believed it to be a shallow gameplay mode with little to recommend it, favored by those whose modus operandi was to start BC Trow games and yell "meet in middle" at the start.

It's hard not to hear strains of that in "those competitive modes that players have come to expect".

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread