Yo bizch. Gimmi ma code p'fhor I gets sad. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 19:37 (3586 days ago) @ ncsuDuncan
edited by INSANEdrive, Thursday, July 10, 2014, 19:47

No. I don't really need a code. I already have two, had a third one, but I gave it away already, so now its only two. So how did I get these apparently "SUPER RARE" beta codes? Well funny thing really, I followed directions. You see - since October of LAST. FREEKING. YEAR; you have been able to get a code. I went to Amazon, and pre-ordered and got a code. In October. Of last year.

Zoom ahead to the ancient date of July the 7th, Anno Domini 2014, and all the special editions are revealed. I take a moment to decide which one I'm going for - be it limited or ghost. Alas - a day passes and it turns out the ghost version has become extremely rare. O shi- says I. So I check amazon, cancel my original order, and then (at the time of my search) the only version of the "Ghost" I could find was of the Xbox 360. Just in case, I click "Pre-Order". Boom. I got a second code.

The next day I call up my local Gamestop to see if I can still get the "Ghost edition" for the console I intend to play Destiny on. Turns out I still can. I cancel my order on Amazon and Preorder at Gamestop (MIDNIGHT LAUNCH - Woo!).

I check my receipt - no code. /Combo breaker

"Excuse me sir - there seems to be no Beta code on my receipt"

"Oh let me fix that"

Third code. /Rebound. Three points. Crowd goes wild.

TL;DR?

Be right back, have to complain to Bungie about Halo 4. HEY BUNGLE! BRING BACK AMOR LOCK!!!1

Peace out bitches.

-INSANEdrive

Edit: Yes - I know that some of my fellow DBOers have had trouble getting a code, specially those in far exotic lands, like New Jersey or "Everything is trying to kill you" Land. My query is more about the general reaction then condition. Just FYI.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread