crucible stat equalizing? (Destiny)

by Xenos @, Shores of Time, Friday, July 11, 2014, 07:00 (3585 days ago) @ Jabberwok

Does anyone know much about how this works? I guess they are normalizing things to account for level differences and such between players, but what does this mean in terms of skill choices and equipment? For instance, will it simply negate your armor bonuses? And for skills, how does it affect choices that change stats, such as a focus on recovery and speed over health? I guess I'm just wondering how much actual variation between players makes it into the competitive multiplayer.

All the special things about your weapons and armor will remain the same. So if you have a piece of armor that allows you to carry more pulse rifle ammo for example, that will carry over into the Crucible. All that is done in the Crucible is that number stats are ignored. You'll notice that each weapon has bars, with no numbers, that determine things such as how stable it is, how much "impact" it has (damage) and rate of fire, among a few others. These are the stats that the game uses to equalize the weapons in multiplayer, so the gun will feel pretty much the same in multiplayer.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread