Time Traveling Robots and Venus

by iZac, Shanghai, Thursday, February 21, 2013, 22:32 (4089 days ago) @ Reconcilliation

So I'm not sure where I've heard this, but apparently the Time Traveling Robots are encountered in a jungle.

I know it's a bit of a stretch, but my mind immediately jumped to the thought of traveling billions of years into the past, to a point in time when Venus wasn't a death world, but rather all jungle.

Anyone aware of information that could corroborate this?

I was thinking somewhat about the implications of their time travelling too ... I initially thought that if they wanted to wipe out humanity in this time ... why now? why not fling themselves billions of years in the past to go stomp on some amoebas? Maybe they simply want some current human tech, or more likely to infiltrate and exploit the technology in the Traveller (this could be the most exposed the Traveller has been to technological abuse in billions of years?)

Anyway, if these unpleasant robots had individual time travel devices, which let them zip around willy-nilly it would be inconceivable in terms of game play. Imagine trying to assault a group of them only to realise they killed you too days ago when you were on the loo? Wait, what … my past-self would be the one killed so I wouldn’t be … erm damn time travel paradoxes. So one would guess that their abilities would have to be nerfed somewhat.

To follow your logic - as funny as it sounds, perhaps the time travel ability of theirs is more akin to … *ahem* Sonic CD? Where the fire team activates something to get to a pre-determined ‘time’ or that perhaps there is a generator and only within that zone does time go backwards / forwards which would be more akin to Zelda: LttPs take on time travel? - This could have some interesting temporal based puzzles!

Or perhaps this is a major oversimplification and Bungie have something much more nuanced to show us?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread