It's clear what this is about, right? (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Saturday, July 12, 2014, 16:06 (3585 days ago)

The whole PlayStation getting preferential treatment over Xbox thing, it's clear where that's coming from, right? I've seen some different reasons and theories given, but to me, the only thing that really makes sense, and makes a lot more sense than the alternatives, is money. Trying to stick it to Microsoft seems really petty and not really productive, and getting in good with PlayStation owners seems like it would maybe the reason for some of this, but not all of it, and regardless of the reason I'm sure they would've seen some of this backlash coming. Wanting more money might not seem like a better reason than those, especially considering the backlash, but it does more realistic and even reasonable, and the backlash doesn't seem like it'll actually do much.
Thinking about it now, I'm thinking it's probably mainly money and secondarily getting into the PS market... so, maybe it's not so clear, but it's far from unfathomable, and I can't think of any better reasons than money and getting more people open to them (which would also be mainly about money).
What do you guys think?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread