Xbox 360 download... (Destiny)

by ncsuDuncan @, Sunday, July 13, 2014, 09:30 (3584 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

I'm afraid they won't send the codes until the middle of the day when I'm at work, then I won't be able to play that night until it downloads. If I leave my Xbox on and enter the code through Xbox's website, will it automatically start downloading while I'm at work?

I know downloads can finish after you have turned off the Xbox 360, if you have the background download turned on, but a straight download to the Xbox 360 while it is off?

I don't think that is possible. You would have to activate it at work, and have someone turn on the Xbox 360 and log you in to start the DL.

Edit: According to Snipe the answer is yes. News to me. What is this I don't even.

Edit 2: The Xbox One can do Remote Downloads. Just FYI.

No, everything you're saying is correct. The Xbox 360 won't start the download while it's off - but look over bluerunner's post again. He's leaving his Xbox turned ON all day while he's at work. I'm sure he'll plant a few trees as a carbon offset for the massive strain he's putting on the grid. ;)

As soon as the beta code is redeemed on Xbox.com it should begin downloading on his console at home, assuming the red ring of death machine hasn't burned his house down first.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread