Destiny Campaign Stream and First Impressions (Destiny)

by Numinar @, Friday, July 18, 2014, 09:51 (3579 days ago) @ Psyrixx

I have not seen anything other than old concept art for Chicago. It may have been cut, or pushed to an expansion, or an MP level only. Nobody knows and Bungie never seems to divulge such details as number of locations/missions/gameplay time until some French guy leaks it.

I imagine each expansion will be the size of one zone (given their theming!), maybe larger than the average. (Equivalent of Old Russia, Hell mouth, etc). Based on the level requirement of the moon and unused geometry, there may be more story/strikes in Old Russia as it is.

It's all a guess and I am talking out of my posterior, but I am trying to think about this from a production/planning point of view.

At the minimum, we have seen 1/5th the content in the Beta. That makes for a slightly longer game than any Halo, amd the strikes are close to being as long and decent as a small Halo mission, so hopefully we get lots of them! (I wish those devil walkers had more room to, well, walk. They seem like baby scarabs at the moment).

As it is, I have more hours in this game, thoroughly enjoyed, than most $99AUD games before it's even been released. Looking forward to it and good job Bungie/Activision/Sony for getting it running within a few hours of beta launch!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread