This makes me so sad (Destiny)

by Chris101b @, Sunday, July 20, 2014, 23:26 (3539 days ago) @ Avateur

In that article, they linked to one of the songs from the Beta:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxMV2ZXm0Lo&list=FLxgwqyFM0NIa9I93w2LyL7w

This song captures everything that I love about Marty's music. By itself it tells a story and transports you to a world that you could barely even imagine. I have been playing this song on repeat the past few hours, and I absolutely love what Marty and his team have done. This is the type of music that I could listen to for years and never grow tired of, just like I did with the Halo soundtracks over the years.

What makes me said is that this is basically Marty's farewell. This is the last time we hear what Bungie and Marty O'Donnell can do when they work as one. Because when I listened to the original Halo soundtrack, I didn't just hear the music, I heard the potential for more. Halo 2 grew on the themes that I loved, and Halo 3 made them even more beautiful. There was an entire world of music hidden inside of Marty that I loved exploring with each new release.

And now that I've been hearing the music of Destiny, I can't help but hear that same potential for greatness. I know that there are so many beautiful themes that could come as a result of this game and I was really looking forward to what Marty and his team were going to accomplish over the next 10 years. It just makes me sad that we will never be able to witness that again.

We are definitely going to miss you Marty, and I know that if you go to another game studio, I will follow you there with open ears.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread