A Dev Can Dream: Companion Thoughts (Destiny)

by kidtsunami @, Atlanta, GA, Tuesday, July 22, 2014, 02:41 (3572 days ago)

So I'm wondering if anyone playing the beta has taken the opportunity to equip an item through Bungie.net?

Because that is a very very very interesting proposition from the perspective of someone eagerly awaiting/hoping for the bungie.net destiny api.

I've got two major use cases that I've considered from playing/reading DBO.

Loadouts
Imagine having a set of gear for when you're defending the halls of First Light vs when you're running around the periphery picking off hapless ill-equipped guardians.

I'm thinking of a website where you can set up loadouts for all of your favorite gear for different situations. That way you can emerge into the bright wide open expanse of Rocketyard and select a loadout online and it automatically equips your Scout Rifle along with gear that specifically benefits the Scout Rifle.

This would be possible if Bungie allows a bungie.net profile that along with access to viewing details like what gear you have and have equipped that also allows you to perform whatever "Equip" method they have on Bungie.net proper.

Dismantling Rules
scarab's post made me wonder if you could also build a site that allowed you set up rules for your character that would allow you to quickly dismantle any equipment that fit rules that you defined in a fun query builder online. I'd rather it involve the user clicking a button to initiate it and confirming with a prompt summarizing what would be dismantled rather than it automatically happening.

Anyways, the fact that Bungie has put so much work into making your guardian LIVE on Bungie.net has got me excited. And if the API doesn't support features like those above, I hope those are the types of things the Bungie.net team is considering for future releases.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread