Beta impressions (Destiny)

by Kermit @, Raleigh, NC, Friday, July 25, 2014, 08:25 (3569 days ago) @ car15

Just started playing the Beta tonight after waiting over 24 hours for my verification email from Bungie. I never did get that email, so I ended up downloading the game when Bungie made it freely available for all players. It's ridiculous. I'm an Xbox gamer, so I already missed out on the entire Alpha and a third of the Beta by default, but now I miss almost another third of the Beta because Bungie.net can't get their shit together? I know it's a Beta and they're strained and the whole point of public Betas is to test things like this, but for the love of God, did they just not plan for a high volume of applicants? I still haven't received a reply of any kind from Bungie, by the way, not even an automated alert that the Beta has gone public.

Maybe this was why they've been prompting us to get our beta codes and redeem them for weeks ahead of time--to avoid this kind of bottleneck, if that's what it is. I know you just got a beta code Wednesday, but getting one was really trivial from Amazon, although that could take a day or so. Did you have a profile already set up on Bungie.net? Sounds like this might have been some kind of snafu with that that has nothing to do with the beta. Deej has said they wish it could be less complicated, and maybe offering it to everyone was one way to alleviate the problem of having too many hoops to jump through in the limited time that is left.

I think most people who redeemed their codes before the beta start dates were pleased to get their download codes a day earlier than they were expecting.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread