Hmm...fighting and we don't know why... (Destiny)

by Phoenix_9286 @, Friday, July 25, 2014, 12:04 (3568 days ago) @ ZackDark

I think it is a pretty safe bet to suppose the Guardian was already engaged in some sort of fighting before he died the first time. In fact, I'm quite sure the Guardian is already familiar with the Fallen, Hive, Cabal and possibly even the Vex.

This is my feeling as well. Especially if you're an Exo, which the lore states as being created for a war, right? The location even makes a fair bit of sense. You died just behind the wall, possibly assisting the evacuation off world (that's sure is what it looks like).

I don't think the character is entirely in the dark, but it was fairly unsettling as the player to be told "Here's a gun. Shoot stuff.", be taken to the Tower, meet a bunch of people, and then spontaneously and without any real investigation accomplished, get sent back to Russia to shoot more stuff. For the moment, I'm rolling with the idea that some exposition has been cut so the entire beginning of the game isn't flat out spoiled.

I was also wondering... Does it make sense for an Awoken to be out there in the first place? Human, definitely. Exo, maybe. But Awoken? I haven't kept up with the lore so far, but I was under the impression they were off in their own city, and were something of a rarity on Earth.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread