Vehicle madness! (Destiny)

by Numinar @, Saturday, July 26, 2014, 11:55 (3567 days ago) @ Phoenix_9286

Can we really get annoyed about any balance issue here at the moment?

Yes.

Having not even set foot in the Crucible, and having only read things about it here, I have to agree for the single reason that if you're allowed access at level 5, it should be playable at level 5. No one should have to wait until level 20 to have a fighting chance and/or not be decimated.

I agree!

But I think what we have here is an artificial economy, a situation that will never exist in the full game, which has ALL the sandbox elements to play with and in which you will never have a 12xlvl 5, or 12xlvl 8 player game.

I'm sure some of what we are perceiving as broken right now really is, but some of it is not.

The AR for instance seems broken to me, but I am also aware that I may not be pro enough to pass such a judgement.

The vehicles ARE broken, but in a good way! You should be able to work the other team! You both start with an interceptor, if someone comes out the other side of the initial engagement with one or two interceptors, they deserve to steam roll a bit! It's not like they spawn that much during the match.

I feel this design by committee approach evident in the alpha/beta will suck all the personality out of the thing. Not interested. Sometimes asymmetry is awesome. This is why I love all the maps so far, they all taste like Lockout and it's goooood.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread