NEGATIVE FEEDBACK HERE (Destiny)

by kapowaz, Monday, July 28, 2014, 05:55 (3569 days ago) @ petetheduck

Only joking!

Right now, I feel like this game is a diamond in the rough. There's loads that I can be picky about, and I genuinely do hope they address PvP tempo, UI ambiguity, paucity of personalisation, navigation difficulties and the thorny orbit/tower problem, but…

…there's so much to like in spite of all the above. The gunplay is great fun, the class abilities fun, and there's enough variety in the combat to keep you interested even when you're killing the same enemies over and over again. I'm genuinely looking forward to picking up again, and that's with the knowledge that we've still only scraped the surface of the game. I loved running Strikes (I only did it a couple of times, but I'm looking forward to more) with strangers, so the potential of running them with friends (new and old) is very enticing.

Even more exciting for me is that this is only the first step in a journey which will see potentially two sequels and numerous expansions, so even if there are things that aren't perfect right now, there's a good chance they'll be corrected in the future. World of Warcraft is the gold standard for an accessible, massive-scale multiplayer game in my view, but even they didn't get everything perfect right from the start.

So; roll on September 9th! True to my usual luck I'm going away for 5 nights on the 10th, but I'll be sure to cram in some play in that opening day.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread