Got out of the Moon Map (TONS of exploration) (Destiny)

by Chris101b @, Monday, July 28, 2014, 11:32 (3562 days ago)

Note: While there aren't any story spoilers, I will be posting some images and video of an area that was blocked off during the beta. If you went into the Hellmouth, defeated the two level 12 Knights, and hit a dead end, that is the room that we managed to get into. SO if you want to avoid seeing this room until launch, avoid reading any further.

Also note: Capture card was broken so I had to settle with cell phone shots. Sorry! Better than nothing though.

--

While playing on the Moon mission with a couple of friends (Dovber and LegendOfDestiny), we made our way into the Hellmouth to see just how far we could progress. Unfortunately we ran into a TON of dead ends. We were extremely curious to find out what was behind those doors (If anything). I went exploring and ended up breaking out of the map. When I first landed on the outside, I felt like I was just going to be underwhelmed (Due to to the fact that most of the "Out of map" videos I have seen so far have been plagued with barriers, death walls, and soft kill boundaries). But to my surprise there weren't any boundaries or death walls, no soft kill barriers or invisible ceilings. I was able to walk along the outskirts of every single room of the Hellmouth. And through some skill jumps, we were able to go further and further.

[image]

(Yes, you can walk on all of that stuff in the distance. And that's not even close to everywhere you can go)

Once we got all of us out of the map, we went exploring for what felt like hours. It was by far one of the greatest moments of the Beta for me. We climbed up on top of the rooms, did some rock climbing, and of course did some dancing on top of the multitude of pink barrier walls that were all over the place.

[image]

After double jumping to our hearts content, we eventually came across a room that we didn't recognize. And guys, this room had the most amazing sky box of the entire game. And it was "selfishly" hidden behind a closed door. After some navigation, we discovered that this was the room that the two level 12 Knights are guarding. I found a way to jump down into the room and managed to take some amazing phtotos and video of our adventure. I will link an imgur gallery below so you can see all of the shots that I took. I will also post some of the videos I took as well.

Enjoy!! And tell me what you think. When the full game comes out I will be sure to post a proper tutorial on how to break out of the map so that you can also start exploring!

Imgur Gallery: http://imgur.com/a/x7ygS

Youtube videos:

Secret Room #1

Secret Room #2

Secret Room #3

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread