Had a very odd multiplayer glitch occur yesterday (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, August 03, 2014, 18:10 (3562 days ago) @ Chris101b

I was playing Crucible on the Moon, and at this particular moment in time, the enemy had zones A and B, and we had zone C. I left C and made my way over to B in order to capture it. There was no one around so I figured that I would capture it without issue. All of the sudden, my screen shook violently and my health went down a good bit (almost as if someone had meleed me). I looked around, saw no one, and then my screen shook again and I died. When the camera looked at my killer, he was over by A spawn crouch walking. The game said that I had died from a melee.

"Weird" I though, I wasn't getting any lag. I made my way towards B again and saw a teammate capturing it. All of a sudden he dropped dead and it said he died from a melee on my screen. I ran down and jumped into B and immediately got double meleed again. For a second time, the camera pointed at the person who killed me and he was clear on the other side of the map. He was in a different area of the A base, but I could see him clearly moving around the map (No lag in sight).

I still have no idea what happened or how this person killed me. I just thought it would be a good idea to mention it.

Note: There was no one else in or around the base and I was not lagging at all that game. When looking at the person who killed me, he was running around the map by zone A in a way that suggested that he really was over there. Really strange.

Hunters use a knife for their melee attack and they can get the ability to throw it, and it even uses the same button as the standard melee. Could that have been it?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread