Old Chicago (Destiny)

by Pyromancy @, discovering fire every week, Monday, August 04, 2014, 23:46 (3561 days ago) @ Postmortem
edited by Pyromancy, Tuesday, August 05, 2014, 00:12

For fun, I lifted the GPS coordinates from the EXIF data in your image. Roughly converted using Google and plugged them into Maps to look for a Street View

I'm going to piggy back your thread. :) I've had some long standing ruminations in my mind that I have not posted about until now

The bird's eye view of the shape of the famous Lake Point Tower (seen in the Chicago skyline and in that concept art) is roughly somewhat Tricorn-ish?

[image]

The image of the "Garden" has that striking rock formation featured in it. Not long after it was revealed I decided to try to think of or find a similar rock outcropping that may have provided inspiration.
A while after that I found an indeterminate specimen in the Palawan region near Puerto Princesa, it can be seen on the underground river tour. I thought the shaping was interesting. I wish there was a more conclusive example out there somewhere in the world.
[image]
[image]

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread