Music to Destiny by -- Woodkid (Destiny)

by TDSpiral ⌂ @, TDS Gaming Shack, WA, Friday, August 08, 2014, 00:52 (3558 days ago) @ MrPadraig08

A response to you and your findings, Paffy. This stuff was REALLY in my head during the spring of 2013, because this album's release and Destiny's public reveal were around the same time. Not only do the lyrics remind me of Destiny's themes and lore, but the epic orchestral sound of Woodkid really reminds me of Marty's work.

Exhibit A: The Golden Age

The connection here is pretty basic; It's basically just about how things aren't as great as they used to be. Really, it's that buzzword, "Golden Age" that reminds me so much of Destiny's history. Also, this song gets awesome as hell around 1:34. That build up is fantastic.

Exhibit B: Conquest of Spaces

This song reminds me the most of Marty's work; the percussion and horns sound so much like Reach's score. Just a great, great sound.

It's more of those buzzwords with the song for me: destiny, fighting, spaces, starlight, city, etc. Some parts are a bit of a stretch, but that's okay.

For real though, give the rest of Woodkid's stuff a listen. It's some amazingly unique music. The scope of his songs are very grandiose and I think they compliment Destiny's themes quite well.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread