Beards. (Destiny)

by INSANEdrive, ಥ_ಥ | f(ಠ‿↼)z | ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ| ¯\_(ツ)_/¯, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 09:50 (3546 days ago)
edited by INSANEdrive, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 09:53

Best. Topic. Ever.

So in this The Front Page article via The Sixth Axis via Xenos, that TOTALLY wasn't linked to first in the forums by DaDarga. They mention ...

TSA: So along those lines, what kinds of things have you learnt from the beta? Is there anything that you’re thinking you might try and patch in?

Jonty: Well there were hundreds of little changes that we actually made. The most notable one that we’ve actually talked about was the Interceptor in competitive multiplayer that was too powerful, but we also had the Hand Cannon that was not powerful enough. We had lots of optimisations to do about making sure the best people are matched together and making sure they’re given the best experience in terms of skill and geographic match making.

And then there were weird things, like people wanting beards!

TSA: I think anything to make up for the little arm bangle for the Warlocks. If Warlocks could have beards, though…

Jonty: [laughs] But I mean, for some people it was very important for them as human beings to be able to have a beard, because that’s part of their personality, I guess, in real life. So that has started a very heated internal dialogue at Bungie about we do beards, what is the prioritisation of that and how we can accomplish that. So that’s been a funny one!

TSA: As long as people aren’t kept waiting until Destiny 2 for those to show up.

Jonty: Uh, I would hope not. ...

So they have heard us. Beards are being discussed behind the hollowed Bungie walls, so now shall we. Let's answer the questions! FOR THE BEARDS!

How should Bungie do beards? What should be the prioritization of such?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread