My impressions from the beta (Destiny)

by Cody Miller @, Music of the Spheres - Never Forgot, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 12:50 (3546 days ago) @ Decom
edited by Cody Miller, Tuesday, August 19, 2014, 12:58

Gee, wouldn't it be wonderful if we had AUDIO OPTIONS. VOX / SFX / MUSIC sliders. Turn up the voices. EZPZ. Why is this something Bungie won't do?

I can't fathom how any AAA game these days doesn't have these options. I posted a thread during the beta that mentioned the lack of audio options, so I'm hoping somebody at Bungie saw it.

The low dialog volume combined with lack of audio options in the beta is one of the (many) reasons I'm not preordering Destiny.

In contrast, look at the wonderful array of audio options you get in The Last of Us, in addition to sliders. Most useful for a lot of people seems to be the dynamic range setting, which can help even things out.

The idea of artistic control is nice and all, but on the film side it's like that because the film mix has to be done beforehand (to fixed picture!). Game mix is done on he fly via the hardware pulling from tons of audio channels. Thus, give as much control to people as possible while making sensible defaults.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread