Marty to become bothersome presence at board meetings (Destiny)

by narcogen ⌂ @, Andover, Massachusetts, Thursday, August 21, 2014, 06:19 (3547 days ago) @ General Vagueness

I thought he still had stock and part-ownership, isn't that what he said in the interview here on DBO? Did Bungie inform him after that that they didn't see it that way?

It's possible that they informed him immediately, but given that his opinion on the matter was that they had acted improperly, he self-identified as a shareholder. A judge has now vindicated that position, although Bungie can still appeal.

Although Bungie apparently gave no officially documented reason for O'Donnell's termination, it seems unlikely to me that such extreme actions would be taken apropos of nothing; nor does it seem likely to me that O'Donnell is truly confused or ignorant of why Bungie (or at least Harold Ryan) initiated this sequence of events. It just appears that so far neither side is able or willing to make public statements about those reasons. The only open speculation I've seen indicates that it may have been done to prevent O'Donnell's shares from vesting with the release of Destiny. Presumably, however, that would have affected all shareholders with similar shares, so it still doesn't indicate why his shares were so targeted.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread