So our game is called Destiny. Now what? (Destiny)

by General Vagueness @, The Vault of Sass, Sunday, August 31, 2014, 21:19 (3536 days ago) @ INSANEdrive

So that was underwhelming.
I get that your game is releasing in ten days so you don't really have anything to announce or show or even say necessarily, but then why have a panel? I honestly don't understand what the point was.
I mean, they said it was to talk about where they'd been, where they were, and where they were going, and that seemed to be pretty much what they did, but they've done that before and done it better, and it seems like great material for a vidoc but lousy material for a panel, especially without any kind of visuals or new information to back it up.
Does anyone remember the ODST panel they had a little while before it came out? That was a lot like this but it was better, largely because they did talk a little about what the game could've been and said a little bit more about what was in the game and had some visuals from the game to illustrate things.
I had background noise in real life for a lot of it, first family and then the Halo panel I had been considering watching because there was so little going on in the Bungie panel. Did I miss anything that made it worth watching (or rather listening to)?

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread