Viva Los Tutores (Guardians) (Destiny)

by kornman00, Tuesday, September 02, 2014, 06:49 (3547 days ago) @ GrimBrotherIII

a la Viva Las Vegas' intro from Fear and Loathing ("There was only one road...")

There was only one way back to The City: Old Russia's cosmodrome 15. Just a flat-out high speed drift through Petersburg, Moscow, and Belarus. Then on to the Trans-Siberian highway, with a shortcut jump into orbit. Safety...security...man's last city in this bleak kingdom.

I'd gone in search of a Guardian from a dream. I found his dead body laying around, with little time to spare. Now, there was no point in looking back. Fallen were close, and the Traveler's light cast dimly here. His heart once again pumped blood. This wouldn't be his last reincarnation. Not while we still had Wizards coming from the moon. He'd have to be a man with grove and respawn quick enough before these dogs beat us over the fence.

I actually thought this up earlier this morning when iTunes shuffled to the Dead Kennedys song, which made me go "heh, more like there was only one road back to Old Russia" (this is what happens when you're Destiny deprived and riding the wake of a caffeine buzz). It just worked out you posted about asking our back storys too. So I'll pretend this is my Guardian's backstory prologue. My Dinklebot's first thoughts as he started reviving me :p

Tried to be clever with it. Only spent an hour on it, reviewing Russian landscape to try and make the beginning work. I've actually limited my exposure Destiny's lore outside of what we got in the beta. I want to feel like I'm actually being awoken years in the future by a Dinklebot and being just as "wut" as my Guardian is in game. So in absence of being well versed, I tried to go with being clever with in-jokes for the ending. Feel free to laugh with it, or at it.

Though instead of leading into a Dead Kennedys track, however, I'd have it run into one of the two Sandrider songs which I'm pretty damn sure are referencing Destiny:
Traveler
Overwatch (in reference to the district by the same name?)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread