First impressions (Destiny)

by car15, Tuesday, September 09, 2014, 12:53 (3527 days ago) @ rliebherr
edited by car15, Tuesday, September 09, 2014, 12:56

I wasn't very excited for it because, after playing the beta, I realized that the game failed to live up to the hype Bungie generated for it. They advertised an open world filled with exploration and a compelling story, and the beta did not deliver on any of those promises.

So I had to lower my expectations so far that I was basically anticipating an expensive loot grinder, which is exactly what the game turned out to be.

But even after lowering my expectations, I was still taken aback at just how barren and repetitive this game is. Is this really something Bungie expects us to still be playing three months from now? In what way does Destiny sustain that kind of a population? The story can be beaten in a day, missions and strikes are all way too similar to each other, and PvP, while fun, can't hold a candle to offerings from Bungie's competitors (including, hilariously enough, the Halo franchise).

At this point, everything rides on the Raid being balls-to-the-wall awesome, and on Bungie coming to their senses and producing more content for this thing before people give up on it.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread