My Destiny Impressions *SP* (Destiny)

by NotTheVacuum, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 07:10 (3523 days ago) @ Ragashingo

Good review. Of all the negative things I've read about Destiny, the most compelling complaint is the Story, by far. It just missed, plain and simple. That, and there's not enough of it in the game. I'm not supposed to be this dissatisfied at the end of a campaign. I should be wanting more, sure, but this is more than that. In a Bungie game, that was surprise.

The only thing I would add is that the gameplay scenarios in story mode are also fairly repetitive. Lots of "Go here, let your Ghost scan a thing, defend that thing from waves of enemies, soak a bullet sponge." Others have pointed out the largely identical for a of boss battles, too. That's not really terrible, in the sense that the environments are somewhat varied, and the enemies do take somewhat different approaches, but it was a disappointment. Again, I look for Bungie to innovate in set pieces, but every encounter was immediately measured and understood. Make me think, don't just try to wear me out.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread