Young Guardians have questions! (Destiny)

by Speedracer513 @, Dallas, Texas, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 08:14 (3523 days ago) @ Oholiab

1. What do I do with all these helium cells/spinmetal/wire/etc?

You turn them into the Vanguard Quartermaster and Crucible Quartermaster for Vanguard/Crucible points (to get cool gear).

2. How do I increase Intellect? None of these armor pieces do it.

Armor. I just recently got some blue-level armor that gives intellect boosts - I was probably around level 16 when I got it.

3. Where/how do I get ship upgrades?

The shipwright will sell you new ships. I am unaware of ship upgrades, at least to this point.

4. When will I find exotic weapons?

When you're finally approaching or at level 20 and above.

5. How do I get capes for my Hunter? (The ones Nathan Fillion peddles are up level 20)

Most of the ones for purchase in the tower are for level 20s. The main exception, and best way to get capes earlier is to buy encrypted class item engrams from the Cryptarch. For a few hundred glimmer you can usually get a class item from him which will be a random scarf or cape. If you don't like the one you randomly get, you can buy another and another.

6. How/why/when do I use the vaults in the Tower?

Access the vaults to store weapons that you either can't use for your character yet, or want to save for later, or want to give to one of your other characters. The stuff in your vault (and the glimmer you have in your inventory) is accessible across your three characters. You use the vault by opening it, then hitting the 'options' button on your controller and hitting the button on your controller that says "store" (I think it's the square on PS and the 'x' on Xbox, but I can't remember for sure).

7. Is there a way to turn off the hit point counters above enemies?

Not that I'm aware of... I personally wouldn't want to either -- the numbers popping off as you hit them give you valuable information about where to do critical damage, and what types of damage are more effective against each enemy (see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTLosBMLt3Q for a helpful explanation).

I think there were more, but that's a good start. Any assistance is appreciated!

Any time!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread