Destiny is a game about helping peter Dinklage open doors (Destiny)

by Durandal, Saturday, September 13, 2014, 16:48 (3523 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Honestly, I was expecting something along the lines of Multiplayer Mass Effect or Boarderlands, and for the most part Bungie has delivered on that.

I was expecting larger areas and more on each planet, along with a few more cutscenes and such to really emphasize the story. Right now the world just feels a bit empty and small. Likewise the classes and upgrade trees. Three classes and two trees is a bit lackluster compared to most action/RPG style games.

It would be nice if you could do more with your ships, but they shot that rumor down early. They also hinted at a larger pool of vehicles, and I really feel after Halo did such a great job of making vehicles feel intrinsic Destiny drops the ball here. The Shrike is nice to get around in, but Destiny really needs some of that Warthog action. And Tanks. Tanks beat everything.

if anything, the only promise that Bungie kind of made and then failed on was the "This is all playable area" comment from one of the demos, where the guy panned over that starting area with the rusted out cars. That really made it sound like each area would be very vast, when instead they are large but not enormously so and a bit too divided into discrete areas that only have one or two exits.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread