Wait, you got glory?!

by Beorn @, <End of Failed Timeline>, Friday, March 01, 2013, 17:01 (4073 days ago) @ Malagate

My sources say no. I don't think the audience here is large enough to warrant such an effort.

Aside from the fact that people get paid to run b.net, whereas Claude and us goons just get paid in glory. There are all kinds of technical and logistical considerations, as well.

~M

…I never get anything cool. Gosh!

I feel that a core aspect of the *.bungie.org websites is that they foster a sense of family and kinship among Bungie fans, as it were. Conversation and exchange of ideas are the lifeblood of this community. Therefore, creating private discussion groups where the only function is to to shunt discussion away from the main forum would reduce the value of visiting the site.

As Mal mentioned above, you really need a very large population to make the private groups effective without detracting from the conversation at large.

Sometimes it can be eye-opening to put ideas out to the larger community and then see what comes back, though, even if it might seem embarrassing at first. Often times people will have a different perspective that you may not have considered, but in the end their feedback can help refine or enhance the original idea! :)

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread