Ten seconds of fun and Mass Effect multi

by Jillybean, Saturday, March 02, 2013, 09:26 (4072 days ago)

So me, MacPhisto and BlueNinja were playing a lot of Mass Effect on Thursday after the Reckoning kit dropped. We discussed, for a little bit, how much we enjoyed ME's multiplayer.

In fact, those of you who have had the misfortune to meet me at LANs know how badly I suck at Halo. I can barely scrape through a match and I don't enjoy it. My Halo stats are mostly inherited from when my sister and I shared an account. I thought that I just didn't like competitive play, or that I just didn't have the co-ordination, so I had no strong hopes for Mass Effect. But quelle surprise! I love Mass Effect's multiplayer. It's maybe the first time I've really 'got' the 10 seconds of fun rule.

Now I'm very much about glass cannon classes, again something that surprised me. I'm more excited about Destiny's versions of multiplayer now I see biotics magician characters in there too. I'm looking forward to greater flexibility of play, particularly when we have big open worlds to explore. But what I'm really looking forwards to is dropping into mass effect style multiplayer matches in the middle of my campaign.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread