What? (Recruitment)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Tuesday, September 30, 2014, 09:47 (3517 days ago) @ RC

Make sure you are NOT wearing a faction item (dead orbit, FWC, etc), otherwise those points go to them and you don't want that.

Wait! What? I thought that credit continued to go to the Vanguard regardless.

Nah. If you're wearing a faction Mark/Cloak/Bond, all the Vanguard and Crucible Rep you earn get's redirected to the Faction. It says so in the description of each item.

Again, another area Destiny does a poor job of explaining it's mechanics. I've learned to hover over just about everything.

Even if not, though, are Vanguard legendaries better than the Faction's? Why wouldn't you align with Factions?

They're not better, they're just different. It depends what sort of build you want (to support your playstyle), as the Factions items have different stat foci than the Vanguard and Crucible ones.

The Vanguard and Crucible have a larger arsenal available from the store, but again it depends what weapons you actually want.

^^ Pretty much. The gear I've gotten though crucible play is more suited to PVP, so it has not benefited me in story mode. It's not my style. The queen's playlist has been a big help in getting me to rank up via gear- Korny and I played a game where we were both gifted some pretty nifty snipers, though at this point I only keep earning helmets and chests with different focuses.

I just got one that fits my style better, so I trashed the other legendary one I had maxed out (stupid move in hindsight) and now I'm a 26 again. D'Oh!

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread