Xygor the Unwed SPOILERS (Destiny)

by Revenant1988 ⌂ @, How do I forum?, Wednesday, October 01, 2014, 05:41 (3516 days ago) @ HavokBlue

Is Xygor solo-able at 26/27 or do I need to find a group for this? I know people said he was difficult but is it just a matter of him being a bullet sponge or what?

Korny gave me a hand completing this bounty a few days ago, and it is a bit of a challenge.

We did it as a pair- according to him it would have been harder with 3 people as the enemies scale in difficulty (not sure if I've seen that, but that's what he said.)

The actual elimination of xyor is not hard at all- he's just a normal hive wizard, yellow bar (so he takes a little bit more of a beating) with a solar shield.

Basically what you have to do is get down to phogoth, and essentially ignore him. Kill the lesser enemies and the game will bring in dropships to supply new troops.

Xyor is on the 3rd dropship.

What makes this challenge hard is that there isn't really anywhere you can hide. Korny can explain the options better than I can, but if I had to do it again, I would suggest that the person going after the bounty have a high-level solar sniper equipped and an Arc HMG.

You need the solar to cut through the wizards and you need the arc to take off the knights shields. There will be a lot of knights. Killing them helps to spawn the different enemies.

When xyor finally spawns, have the person who needs him, kill him. Wait for the reward text to pop, then quit the mission. You can finish it if you want, but by this point I'd bet you'd be burnt out.

Complete thread:

RSS Feed of thread